Through Technical Assistance Services, we work with the requester(s) to:
- Identify a problem
- Address a problem already identified
- Provide an objective evaluation of a problem
- Develop /introduce a new program
- Address a sensitive issue that needs an impartial outside perspective
- Aid in examining the effects of a new statute, such as the Adam Walsh Act, policy or procedure
Choose this option if you are looking for types of technical assistance such as need assessments, problem analysis, resource identification, and more. The AMBER Alert Training and Technical Assistance Program offers three types of Technical Assistance Services:
- Limited technical assistance involves working with AMBER Alert staff to locate information, materials, or a resource person who can supply information related to specific questions and/or issues.
- Moderate technical assistance involves the AMBER Alert staff working closely with the requester to determine the exact nature of the issue to assess whether or not more significant issues or problems exist which require further information and/or brief telephone consultation with knowledgeable resource persons.
- On-site training and/or long-term technical assistance is needed when the requester(s) and the AMBER Alert staff/consultants determine that the issues are significant and may require direct contact with AMBER Alert staff/consultants and/or subject matter experts.